Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A New Blog!!

As I was getting ready to renew my certification for the American Riding Instructors Association (ARIA) I realized that perhaps the time had come to get an email address that is specifically for work. I frequently get emails from work and from parents and students and I decided that having an email address just for my work (at Rock Creek Park Horse Center) as a riding instructor would be immensely helpful. I wanted something catchy and fun and I finally came up with tzenateachestrotting@gmail.com. I was so excited about the email address I had just created that I decided to branch out into a blog and possibly even my own website.

I really enjoy reading and learning, which I realize probably sounds cliché, but I've always been the kind of person/student that wants to know everything about everything. I believe in always asking questions when you don't understand and doing research till you find the answer. Frequently at work either a student will ask me a question I am not 100% sure about or I'll hear a colleague talking about something I am unfamiliar with. I'll make a little note to myself and come home and snoop around through my books and the internet until I come up with an answer. Because of this, a blog seemed like an excellent idea. What better way for me to share what I know and learn all at the same time!

Also, I love celebrating the accomplishments of my students! They all work really hard in their lessons and I am so proud of the work they do. Teaching both children and adults is so much fun and so rewarding for me. Figuring out how to communicate effectively with different students is a fun challenge. Nothing makes me happier than when a student and I have figured out the best way to work with each other and as a result they reach the goals we've set in their lessons.

I hope that this blog is informative and helpful to my students and to anyone who wants to know a little more about horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment